Are you interested in becoming a rockstar barista?
Work in a fun environment – Express your creativity – Drink Free Coffee!
Experience as a barista is not necessary, we select who works here based on attitude, and will train you to be the best.
Barista Job Responsibilities:
Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee & tea and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries.
- Welcomes customers and determines their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepares and sells drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers and keeping lasting relationships with current customers.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, and pastries.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities & local barista events.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Barista Skills and Qualifications:
Listening, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Basic Safety, People Skills, Organization, Attendance, Client Relationships
If you are interested in employment, please bring your resume and answers to the following questions to Carrier Coffee & Tea Company – 928 10th St. Onawa, IA
- Do you like to drink coffee or tea? If so, tell us about how often, your brewing method, and coffee brand.
- What hours or days are you available to work?
- When are you available to start training?